From his admission to the bar on in 2003, Dr. Soenke Fock has been exclusively working on intellectual property matters focusing on patent law, employee invention law and IP contract law.
Regarding patents he participated in a number of cross-border infringement litigations in the telecommunication and pharma field, including parallel nullity and opposition proceedings before the Federal Patent Court (BPatG) and the German and the European Patent Office. In connection with standard essential patents he has substantial experience with the FRAND-defense. In addition he has great expertise in entitlement/vindication matters. Concerning employee inventions Dr. Fock advises, among others, regarding the ownership and remuneration, and also regarding the implementation of company/group-wide remuneration schemes for employee inventions. Regarding IP contract law Dr. Fock advises on licensing agreements, R&D agreements, cooperation agreements, and all other legal questions and agreements including the antitrust issues connected to these kind of IP agreements.
Dr. Fock advises and represents clients consisting of national and international companies from all over the world including Germany, US as well as various Asian countries.
What others say
The Handelsblatt Research Institute and the German business magazine WirtschaftsWoche – in their Germanwide review of top law firms and attorneys 2018 – identify Dr. Fock as especially recommended attorney for patent law (WiWo publication of 17 Dec 2018).
Dr. Fock, born in 1974, studied – after graduation and a year abroad in Denver/USA – law at the German universities of Marburg and Duesseldorf. He received his PhD with a doctoral thesis on the protection of products under the German Law on Unfair Competition (UWG), and received his master’s degree (LL.M.) in the field of intellectual property law with a focus on technical property rights.
Prior to joining Wildanger in 2011, Dr. Fock worked since 2003 for the law firm of Cornelius Bartenbach Haesemann & Partner (CBH) as attorney and partner, also in the field of patent, employee invention and licensing law.
Memberships / Lectures / Publications
Dr. Fock is a member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES/LES YMC), the German Association of Intellectual Property Professionals (VPP), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), the German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright (GRUR), and the German group of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights (AIPPI).
Dr. Fock regularly publishes in professional Intellectual Property journals and speaks at conferences, lately, for example, in Japan and in HongKong on a LES conference addressing German license and FRAND case law.
- Advising and representing an international pharmaceutical company regarding Biosimilars
- Advising and representing of a licensor regarding the assertion of claims based on licence agreement comprised of 45 differenct property rights in the automotive sector
- Advising and representing a patent holder of standard essential patents in several infringement cases in the telecommunication sector
- Advising of an Asian company regarding the negotiation and drafting of a cooperation and license agreement with a German car manufacturer
- Advising and representing an industrial company regarding the level of compensation claims, as well as on the introduction of a lump-sum imbursement system/bundled reimbursement system regarding employee inventions