Dr. Eva Maria Thörner has been working in the field of intellectual property and in particular patent law since her admission in 2014. She focuses on representing companies in national and cross-border patent infringement proceedings as well as in parallel opposition and nullity proceedings. She has experience, inter alia, in the fields of telecommunications, computer technology, electrical engineering and semiconductor technology as well as in the areas of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Dr. Thörner has represented numerous companies in disputes concerning the infringement of standard-essential patents and has extensive experience regarding the so-called "FRAND objection" at the interface between patent and antitrust law.
Dr. Thörner studied law at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg. After her first state exam, Dr. Thörner worked for three years as a research assistant at the Chair for Intellectual Property under Professor Dr. Maximilian Haedicke. During her legal clerkship at the Berlin Court of Appeals she worked, inter alia, in the field of patent law for a large international law firm in Düsseldorf and London. Dr. Thörner received her Phd in patent law with a doctoral thesis in the field of biotechnology.
Prior to joining Wildanger (2020), Dr. Thörner worked at HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER from 2014 to 2019 and at Linklaters from 2019 to 2020, both in the field of patent law.
- Advising and representing an owner of standard-essential patents in out-of-court licensing negotiations and in the enforcement of standard-essential patents
- Advising and representing a mobile phone network operator against the owner of standard-essential patents in several infringement and validity proceedings
- Advising and representing a supplier in the automotive industry in infringement proceedings against a company specialised in enforcement of patents
- Advising and representing a pharmaceutical company in the enforcement of a supplementary protection certificate and in accompanying nullity proceedings against generic drug companies
- Advising and representing a global computer chip manufacturer in infringement and parallel opposition proceedings
- Advising and representing a company in the field of semiconductor industry in patent enforcement